You can use Windows Media Player media sharing to stream music over your network to your Xbox 360 console. For this to work you need Windows XP SP3 or higher and Windows Media Player 11.
Step 1: Enable media sharing in Windows Media Player 11
- In Windows Media Player 11, click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.
- In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media check box, and then click OK.
- In the list below the Share my media to check box, click your Xbox 360, click Allow, and then click OK.
Step 2: Play shared music on Xbox 360
Now that you have added your console you can now stream music to it.
- Using your Xbox 360 controller, select media.
- Select music.
- Select Computer.
- On the Windows-based PC screen, select yes and then continue.
- After a while your computer should appear.
- Select your computer and the shared media name.
- Now you can choose what music you want and play it on your console.